MIDNIGHT SUN KICKERS YEAR-END REPORT
U15 GIRLS SOCCER
May 1999 -- September 2000
COACHES AND EXECUTIVE MEMBERS:
Richard Trimble was the team coach from May 1999 until June 2000. In April 2000, Charly Kelly came on as the team's assistant coach. In June 2000, after Yukon Soccer's June Camp, Carmen Ingram took over the head coaching responsibilities while Charly Kelly remained on as assistant coach and Richard Trimble took over the treasurer's responsibilities.
Team Managers: Dawna Lewis and Lorrie Greer
Fundraising Committee: Sharon Westberg
Phoning Committee: Shirley Ford (and Marguerite Kuiak until January 2000)
Treasurer: Richard Trimble
- May 1999 -- August 1999 biweekly practices were held.
- September 1999 -- January 2000 weekly practices were held.
- February and March 2000, practices were cancelled because several team members as well as the coach were involved in AWG team practices.
- April -- May 2000, weekly practices resumed.
- June 2000, after the Whitehorse Minor Soccer League Playoffs, biweekly practices resumed.
- July 2000, no practices were held.
- August 2000, biweekly practices; preparing for Langley Tourney
- October 14th 2000—weekly practices will resume.
The Midnight Sun Kickers participated in two tournaments:
- Juneau Tournament in April 2000. This was an indoor soccer tourney so our girls split into two teams. One team was coached by Richard Trimble and the other by Charly Kelly.
- Langley Tournament in September 2000. See report already forwarded.
- Not all team members were able to attend this tournament; so three additional players were picked up from the then-terminated Klondike Northstar Team (Pixie Ingram, Rachel Pattimore and Jamie Wintemute).
- Participation in this tourney brought closure to the existing team.
- Team members attended all three of Yukon Soccer's Camps (February, June and August) and especially enjoyed having the opportunity to work with a female coach. The goal tending sessions were very much appreciated as well.
- Six of our team members were also able to attend Shawnigan Lake Soccer Camp in early July; no team funds were used for this camp.
- Team tryouts were held over two weekends (September 23rd and 30th).
- Tryouts were conducted by Brenda Dion, Charly Kelly, Andrea Wilson, Doug Hitch and Carmen Ingram.
- Twenty girls attended the tryouts; eighteen girls were chosen for the team.
- to be forwarded by Richard Trimble